Monday, April 30, 2012

Love & Power

Power and love are strange partners. I think we lose love when we seek power, but when we love, we become inadvertently powerful.

I saw this quote from Madonna earlier today: "Power is being told you are not loved and not letting it destroy you." I had to think about it for a minute. It's true in a sense, but ugh. So typical of the narcissistic world in which I sometimes feel we have to live. Personally, I'm not sure I have time to care if someone tells me they don't love me. I'm trying to be too busy loving others.

And with that thought it occurred to me what a paradox love & power are. If you seek power, I think you frighten love away. If you seek love, power, if you want it, will often come along. And I think, the more you eschew the power as it's offered, the more influential you become.

No comments: