Thursday, July 10, 2014

American Muscle

I watched the inaugural episode of Discovery’s new reality show, American Muscle, about Mike Barwis and his training facility. I’m a big fan of Barwis. I find him inspiring and motivating. I admire and want to emulate his drive. He seems to be one of the most congruent people I have ever seen, able to work hard in each moment on improving and sharing his gifts. There just seems to be nothing fake or false or hidden about the guy. Last night’s episode of “American Muscle” did nothing to dispel those notions.

He and his team push people beyond their physical limits. They do this because they know that conquering your mental limitations is usually a lot harder than conquering your physical limitations, and they want the people they train to believe in themselves, to believe they can accomplish great things.

We can all accomplish great things. What inspires me about Barwis is that he knows this, and he finds his own greatness in helping push other people closer to theirs.

No comments: